Okefenokee Regional Educational Services Agency (RESA) provides eight local school systems in Southeast Georgia with access to shared services designed to improve the effectiveness of educational programs, services, and cost-effective cooperative purchasing opportunities; and provides instructional programs directly to selected public school students in the region.
Okefenokee RESA serves Atkinson, Bacon, Brantley, Charlton, Clinch, Coffee, Pierce, and Ware counties. The superintendents of each system and the presidents of Okefenokee Technical College, South Georgia College, South Georgia State College, and a representative of the Regional Library sit on our Board of Control.
Beginning July 1, 2008, all registrations will be invoiced as applicable unless cancelled prior to the registration deadline. It is the registrant's responsibility to email Jennifer Hale (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call RESA (912-285-6151) and cancel the registration.
The major core areas of service provided by the RESA are:
- Identifying or conducting research related to educational improvements and planning for implementation of such improvements;
- Developing and implementing professional learning programs with emphasis on improving student achievement and school accountability;
- Developing and implementing high quality curricula and instruction, including implementing the core curriculum adopted by the State Board of Education;
- Developing and implementing academic assessment and evaluation programs;
- Identifying and utilizing technology in an effort to improve the quality of classroom instruction as well as classroom, school, and school system management;
- Providing professional learning services, resource materials, and technical assistance relating to instruction on alcohol and drug abuse prevention; and
- Assisting in the development and implementation of a state-wide mentoring program.