File Code: Vehicle Laws - Rules of the Road
- Sponsored By:
Vehicle Laws - Fleeing or Eluding Police
Making it a felony for a driver of a vehicle to attempt, under
specified circumstances, to elude a police officer who gives the
driver a visual or an audible signal to stop when the driver's actions
pose a risk of imminent bodily injury to, result in bodily injury to,
or result in the death of another person; providing an exception to
the prohibition against attempting to elude a police officer to allow
a driver who has been given a signal to stop to proceed to a police
station or any other public area before stopping; etc.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
For explanation of terms click here
- First Reading House Rules and Executive Nominations
- Re-referred Judiciary
- Hearing 3/15 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judiciary Withdrawn
- No Action
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Crimes and Punishments -see also- Penalties and Sentnc; etc.
- Law Enforcement -see also- State Police, Department of
- Motor Vehicles -see also- Aband Veh; Ambulances; Buses; etc.
- Motor Vehicle Operation
Bill affects the following Statute:
All documents except Roll Call Votes are
displayed in PDF format:
- Bill Text:
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note:
Committee Votes :