PLEASE PURCHASE YOUR TEXT BOOKS PRIOR TO THE FIRST DAY OF CLASS. ORDERING INFORMATION IS LISTED BELOW:
TEXTBOOK TITLES AND ISBN# (Either Edition of the Curriculum Development & Teaching Strategies For the Gifted can be used)
CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT & TEACHING STRATEGIES FOR THE GIFTED – ProEd – ISBN-978-0890796313 (2nd Edition)
OR CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT & TEACHING STRATEGIES FOR THE GIFTED ISBN# 1416404244 (3rd Edition)
AND TEACHING GIFTED KIDS IN THE REGULAR CLASSROOM Free Spirit Publishing – ISBN-978-1-57542-089-9
Click the link below to order the books from Barnes and Noble, Amazon, ecampus:
Barnes & Noble Website
Amazon Website-Advanced Search Page
ecampus website advanced search
Audience: Candidates seeking the Gifted Endorsement who have completed Characteristics of Gifted
Description: Participants will acquire an understanding of instructional methods and materials appropriate for meeting the unique learning needs of gifted students. Strategies for differentiating content, process, product, and learning environment will be addressed in this course. Participants will develop an interdisciplinary unit that incorporates differentiation strategies. Participants must have completed Characteristics of the Gifted.
Teacher/Candidate Prerequisites (Gifted) :
• Georgia Teacher Certification (valid clear-renewable certificate)
• Currently employed by a Georgia School System
• A minimum of two years of successful teaching experience
• Letters of recommendation from two system administrators
• Disposition Forms
The Gifted In-Field Endorsement Program is offered through four courses, and MUST be taken in the following order
1) Characteristics of Gifted Students
2) Methods and Materials for Teaching the Gifted
3) Assessment of Gifted Students
4) Curriculum and Program Development
- Each course is 50 hours. (5 PLUs). Attendance at all face-to-face meetings is required. THIS IS A COMBINATION ONLINE AND FACE TO FACE COURSE. There will be two face to face meetings for this course.
- Participants must register online for each class as classes are made available.